Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Adonis and the Roc

"you may not be my Adonis but you're still my Roc" this phrase makes me laugh and i cant get it out of my head. yes, i know she meant "rock" but "Roc" just seems so much more appropriate. I dont mean to complain, don't get me wrong i understand it was meant in the nicest way possible and i really appreciate the attempt it was sweet. That said i really feel like the phrase applies a little deeper then it was intended. so in classic Hyde fashion lets over analyze shall we......

"Adonis"- though i could start spouting about the incestuous greek history of Adonis, but the important part his to know that he was the most "beautiful" man in the world so much the goddess of love and death fought over him based SOULY on his attractiveness.

"Roc"  a giant mythical bird most often use to protect treasures or guard secrets

Most likely see no similarity but to me it is obvious. i could charm Aphrodite her self into my arms and yet she would never find me attractive. i can get girls but i will never be any girls Adonis. any girl i attract i do it by charm my looks will forever be "SO SO."  Yet, i am and will forever be the Roc for anyone who needs me, protect there secrets and defend them at every turn.

~as always Mr.Hyde 

No comments: